Academic plans are vital when it comes to mapping out your course loads and timeframe for earning your degree. However, some students do not have a clear idea of what it is or how important it is for student success.
Our special guest this episode is none other than Dr. Malikah Abdullah (Chair and Associate Professor of the Biology Department at Norfolk State University). Dr. Abdullah provides a full explanation of what an academic plan is and how it affects you as a student and tips and tools for how to create one and use it to earn your degree.
- Each class is important, whether or not it is a major requirement or a general education course
- Keep moving forward, no matter how long it takes for you to graduate
- Update your plan at the end of every semester (after you receive your final grades)
Mentioned in the Episode
- Your faculty mentor or advisor (department)
- Your Student Success Center Advisor (freshmen and sophomores
- Your program catalog
NOTE: Links to resources outside of NSU are not an endorsement.
This episode was hosted by Dr. Mebane and Ms. White and produced by Ms. Tresstin White with an assist from Dr. Mebane.
Photo: L to R. Ms. Tresstin White, Dr. Abdullah, Dr. Mebane. Screenshot taken by Ms White.