One advantage of the pandemic is that students have a longer winter break…more time to work on their writing skills! In this episode, Ms. Theresa Street (Norfolk State University’s new Writing Center Director) share tips and tools on fun ways to improve writing, including approaches that are not just about more writing.
Tune in and join the #WordOfTheDay challenge (starting December 1)!
- Read, read and read more
- Improve your vocabulary (with our #WordOfTheDay challenge)
- Practice reading your writing aloud
Mentioned in the Episode
- Use the Writing Center during the break (including online appointments.
- Use apps or programs that read text aloud. (Search using “read aloud.”
- Follow #WordOfTheDay accounts on social media to build vocabulary.
This episode was hosted and produced by Dr. Mebane.
Photo: L to R. Ms. Theresa Street and Dr. Mebane. Screenshot taken by Dr. Mebane.